Total Pageviews

Monday, February 21, 2011

Felt Right at Home



It was an eight year drought after making the Mississippi State Physics Competition for ten straight years at Cleveland High School. (In that time, we had one first, one third place and many honorable mentions).



The third year was the charm at Velma Jackson where I finally began to hit my stride and to figure how to motivate these kids. After starting with eleven students and after one shocker day where two of the girls (in physics of all things) got into an all out brawl before class even began, I now have seven very dedicated students who have persevered.

I took them to the contest (one was not able to attend) and felt right at home and was reminded again how much I enjoy challenging kids and giving them an opportunity to do their best among the best.

SN: While there I got to collect acorns with my collaborator caterpillar expert, Richard Brown. When we got back my zoology students were excited to find over 26 caterpillars in the acorns!

No comments:


Not going this way