Total Pageviews

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day Three Summer 2010 - I Aint Nothing

I got in another great ride this time 9.4 miles without a break and up the hard hill at 5 and even 5.5 at times but at the top the shade magnet pulled me right off the bike. I tried to steer it around the bend toward the bridge but just could not. I did not get out of the left foot lock in and went down on the soft cool grass. Time for a water break. Then to the bridge and father's day text to kids and back down the hill and half way up another long one at 12.5 I decided to call it a day.

I turned in and this old man - I use the term relatively - drove up - it was his drive and he offered water and a ride back home. Life is good. He referred to the rich folks high up on the hill across from him as monkeys and rued the fact they got power a week earlier than him after the storm and suddenly gave the line of the day, "I get so D-&-&-! tired of these politicians. I used to be a good Republican but now I aint nothing." That pretty well sums up the political pulse of the country now.

I showed up just in time for father's day dinner. It was my first in quite some years.



Then I traveled 5.5 hours to see my friend Joe in Abingdon and have several good long, conversations on the phone that broke up the monotony of the broken white lines.


And here is mom.

No comments:


Not going this way