Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Days Nineteen and Twenty - R and R and Home, Did I say Home!


In my sister's pool before the last leg of the journey.

I am home to my Chick-fil-A morning office (where they have free wireless), and it is good to have a long, fulfilling trip complete. Now I have many projects to do but I will take a day or two for rest and recovery. Thanks to all who made this possible.

I got to pass through Alabama again and see that awesome Saturn rocket at the rest stop and talk to my first African American in person since Darla on the elevator (Day 12)– I just shook Cassandra’s hand in gratitude for being home. And here at my office, I saw Mr. Towner, a Velma Jackson friend, and parent of one my students. Welcome home, Mr. B.

3300 miles, two long bike trips, several long runs, a lot of good food and other and, most importantly, many new friends for life and many gifts of new understandings and insights to walk the way of wonder the rest of my days. Life is good.

10 comments:

Kate said...

Welcome home John, enjoy the R&R. My next journey will be to Montreal Canada at the end of the month up through NY state and back via NH, VT and MA.

John "aka Super B" Banks said...

Thanks. I took a motorcycle trip two summers ago and did ME, NH,VT and upstate NY in one day - gorgeous - and Montreal for lunch one day. Happy trails.

Unknown said...

Interesting Blog my sister Catherine Audet set me your link. I live in Mayo West of Ireland beside Lough Conn Lake overlooking Nephin Mountain, quite the spot. Best of luck with the blog some good stuff in it
Patrick Kelly Ballina Mayo Ireland

John "aka Super B" Banks said...

Thanks for responded and giving your location- that is where my roots are - I hope to get to that part of the world someday!

Jared said...

Glad you had a good trip John. It was a pleasure crossing paths, and I hope that we rendez vous in the future.

Jared

Unknown said...

Where were you???

Unknown said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Unknown said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Anonymous said...

..mr banks, you are very cool
!!! :)

Unknown said...

Mr.Banks I hope you think cool relaxin in dat pool lol


Not going this way