Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Day Nine

Jen Wren takes last shot - the only time there were clouds on the mountain for the entire trip.
Sawako sports new hat purchased at The Thing.

And now the road home.

First the road to Tucson from SWRC in the Chirachuan Mountains after a packing up morning from the lab (where everyone pitched in to get caterpillars defrassed, the last caterpillars dissected for beads, the last pictures sorted, all caterpillars bags organized and hung and all equipment packed and loaded) and Cave Creek room and suitcases packed and loaded and a three hour or so road trip back to the Tucson La Quita Inn with a stop at The Thing.

(I am feeling okay about the rest of the way since I let go yet again and realized HP (Her Person - Higher Power) can do for me what I cannot do for myself. This will work out in amazing ways if I will get more out of the way and let HP work in and through me instead of around me. I need to listen more and talk less and find ways to exercise my brain - all in the group would agree to this!)

Sawako gave me a card that said gentleman as what described me which was very generous and Jinko gave me an origami book and paper since I had asked about how to fold a frog and she did not get a chance so she said it will be hard to teach so take the book and paper! These ladies are so generous and gracious. And Sawako had Junko shoot our handshake.

I think I wish I had got some mpegs of folks talking as did Sassy (Judy) but I did not – nevertheless, their voices and personalities and passions will continue to enliven and enrich me.

I had a good talk with Doc Dude as we rode in and he shared about a cool college where students raised all their food and maintained windmills and made the place very green and connected to the world (Deep Springs College - of course, in CA). (Got him back to his being raised on a farm in Spain) Also he told two great spider stories and one guide story - all three are not PG so I will not blog them.

No comments:


Not going this way