Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 22, 2009

First Week Back



After moving all day Saturday and getting unpacked Sunday, I began school on Monday after missing two days of staff development and the first three days with students. I really did not know what to expect since I really expected to be somewhere else this year.

To my surprise the students actually seemed interested and my colleagues were really glad to see me and the principal came by to see the pond one my students (thanks, Augustus, u da man) dug for me in my special retreat center by the greenhouse.

My students were very curious about my trip and about the picture of the Cucullia lilacina Dr. Dave Wagner sent to me. I used it in talking about the scientific method and making observations. I asked how many legs they thought it had and got a lot of very interesting answers, 1000, 100, 52, 28, and so on.

3 comments:

sassy said...

Where was the Cucullia lilacina found? I don't remember seeing it. It is beautiful. And a great way to start the scientific method!

John "aka Super B" Banks said...

W said this is not the one Aimee found - I think it is from his spectacular photo collection

Joe said...

John

Keep up the good work. I enjoyed
the new information.

Pop


Not going this way